Office 2016 for Mac is part of the Office 365 subscription.
Office for Mac has always been able to communicate with Office for Windows; however it has not looked the same. This can be challenging if you work on a Windows PC and your clients on Mac or vice versa.
With the advent of Office 365 and Office 2016 parity is almost established between the versions. There are still some differences however with each monthly update the Mac and Windows versions are more and more alike.
The browser version is identical.
Here are 10 things you need to know.
Office 2016 for Mac now looks just like Office for Windows.
- When moving between a Windows Computer or a Mac the interface is now familiar
Office 2016 for Mac includes
- Outlook 2016 for Mac works like Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Office 2016 for Mac has the same Ribbon Tabs as Office for Windows
- Office 2016 for Mac connects to OneDrive for Business and your SharePoint Team Site
- You can save and open documents from OneDrive for Business or your SharePoint Team Site
- You just need an internet connection in order to work online
- In Excel for Mac 2016 you can now use the F4 key to create an Absolute Cell Reference instead of Command and T.
- You need to install the latest Operating System before you can install Office 2016 for Mac
- When working in the browser – Safari, Chrome or Firefox, you can edit, upload and share documents in the same way as you can on Windows.
- You can share documents with other team members and people outside of your business right from within an office program
These are just some of the great things about Office 2016 for Mac. I have been using it for a while now and am loving it.
Let me know what you think of Office 2016 for Mac.