As a professional VA, you can get asked to do many things.
But you may find you are given – and enjoy – specific tasks within the spectrum.
You may use some features and elements of Microsoft Office more than others.
You mostly likely know how to do some tasks ‘with your eyes shut’ whilst some tasks have you searching online for the ‘how to’.
It’s good practice to review the type of work you are doing and assess for any skills gaps.
How many of the following tasks do you do for clients or growing your VA business?
- Mail merge – one letter to many people, customised for each individual
- Mail merge Email – sending the same email to many people in a customised way
- Writing books
- Drafting documents
- Brainstorming and thinking creatively
- Signing documents – using a digital pen and writing directly on the screen
- Drawing and Mind Mapping with a digital pen
If you ticked half or more (or can see tasks you might be asked to do in future) you are in Microsoft Word territory.
You can get more done in less time with Word with my online courses.
There’s no fluff or ‘padding’. Just the bits that you really need to know to tackle the most popular tasks.
That’s Word covered so let me ask you something else.
Does your client work involve calculations or storing and organising information?
If yes, these are some of the things you can use Excel for:
- Profit and Loss worksheet
- Tracking payments
- Cashflow projection
- Invoice list
- Social Media Calendar
- Social Media Planner
- Keeping track of Income and Expenditure
- Making Lists
- Contact List
- Any data you need to sort or filter
- Making things add up
- Time tracking
If you want to excel with Excel, my online courses can help you. Grasp the essentials and pick up some advanced tips along the way.
Learn at your leisure. Where you want, when you want.
Spend less time worrying about the ‘how-to’ and more time on serving your clients like a VIP.
And one of the things you’ll almost certainly end up using is PowerPoint.
Despite what some people may think, this application is not just for presentations.
Here’s some of what this Microsoft Office visual creativity powerhouse can do:
- Explaining with Clarity – the slides force you to reduce the amount of text
- Instagram posts
- Create anything visual
- Design blog post cover images to retain your branding
- Photo album
- Prepare and rehearse a big presentation
If you want to power up your PowerPoint skills, I can help with that.
My online courses give you lifetime access.
This means you can learn when you want – and come back to a specific task training whenever you need a refresher.
Creativity is one aspect of a VA’s role. Organisation is another.
Outlook is the control centre for your emails, communications, calendar appointments and tasks.
How many of the following do you use in your weekly work?
- Communicate by email
- Book appointments
- Book meetings
- Schedule meetings with others
- Keep a task list
- Keep a to-do list by flagging your email
- Colour code appointments to make them easier to see
- Manage your client/boss calendar
- Manage your client/boss inbox
- Reply to things on someone else’s behalf
If an online Outlook course could help you get more done in less time, why wouldn’t you take a look?
The smarter you work the more space there is for your VA business to grow.
Audit. Learn. Review.